You’ve probably heard of ‘Anilao’ many times but somehow curious what it is or where it is. Anilao is a Barangay located at the west coast of the small town of Mabini, Batangas. It actually has two main branches, Anilao East and Anilao Proper. It is popularly known for its beach resorts and probably one of the best summer spots in the Philippines. SCUBA diving is one of the things that visitors do in Anilao. Because of its clear seawater and beautiful underwater corals, Anilao has been featured several times on national televisions as well.
ANILAO SUMMER EXPERIENCE, ALL FOR FREE
I am a native BatangueÃ±o and I actually grew up in barangay Gasang which is also located in Mabini Batangas. It is at downsouth Mabini and its coast is connected to Anilao’s. Since I also live near the coast, I don’t need to visit Anilao for a swim. But it doesn’t mean that I’ve never been to Anilao. When I was still studying, we used to celebrate parties at the beach. From birthdays, to christmas parties, family/class reuniouns. So, since we don’t have beach resorts in Gasang we used to go to Anilao.
I have a classmate back then whose family owns a beach resort in Anilao. It was De Chavez beach resort. It’s not too popular and is pretty far from the main road. Nonetheless, the place is clean and I loved being there.
We also have some relatives – 3rd degree or 4th, and they are always very kind to give us free stay on their resort. Their resort is in San Jose, Mabini Batangas. The name is Camongol Beach Resort just beside Vistamar Beach Resort. They have a very nice and BIG nipa hut cottage but as much as we want to pay, they really won’t accept it. They’re really nice.
BEACH RESORTS IN ANILAO BATANGAS
Though not too famous, Anilao is one pride of Batangas and actually, Batangas somehow carries the ‘Anilao’ tag. I’ve been asked a couple of times of ‘where did I came from?’ I’ll reply, ‘I came from Batangas’ and they will reply back with ‘It’s in Anilao, right?’. I just usually nod but Anilao is in Batangas.
Beaches in Anilao, like other Beach Resorts in the Philippines, are competent enough in terms of cost and quality. You can avail rooms and cottages for as low as 200 Php.
If you are planning for a summer getaway this season, you’ll probably love to be here. You can go ahead and check on the following beach resorts listed on the official website of Mabini. Among are Carfel Vistamar Beach Resort, Monte Carlo Resort, Aguila Beach Resort and Mabini Riverside.
HOW TO GO TO ANILAO
Now that you’re finally decided to visit Anilao, you probably want to know how to get there. Below are simple instructions that will guide you on your trip to Anilao.
From Manila via South Luzon Express Way (SLEX):
- Drive through SLEX and take Batangas Exit.
- Drive via Star Tollway from Sto. Tomas Batangas and exit on Tambo Lipa City.
- Take the national road to Batangas City. You can also take Cuenca diversion in Mataas na Kahoy. Either way, you have to reach Bauan Batangas.
- From Bauan Batangas, head straight to Mabini. You’ll pass along a zigzag road and it ends to a ‘Y’ road.
- Take the right of the ‘Y’ and it will lead you to Anilao.
From Manila via Cavite – Tagaytay:
- From Manila, you have to take Roxas Blvd, and pass along Baclaran in Pasay.
- Drive through Coastal Road and straight to Bacoor – Imus – DasmariÃ±as.
- Step on your gas and drive up to Tagaytay.
- Drive ahead to Nasugbo Batangas and take left to Lemery.
- Drive straight to Bauan Batangas to Mabini.
My directions are quite vague so I have another option for you.
- From Beundia bus terminal, take a Tritran or Jam transit to Batangas City. Drop at Bolbok Batangas City, diversion road.
- Ride a jeepney to Anilao Mabini Batangas.
- That’s it!