Last night, was make or break for me, my hubby had a little tampuhan and I so wanted for him to forgive me already. So I thought of preparing a really special dinner for him using one of his favorite fruits as an ingredient. PINEAPPLE.
So here is my recipe for my Hawaiian Pork Chops.
- 1 medium can of pineapple slices, syrup reserved (I prefer Del Monte Pineapple Slices)
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- 2 tbsps of soy sauce
- 1/2 kilo porkchops
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch dissolved in 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tsp of butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the syrup, chopped garlic, sugar and soy sauce in a bowl.
- Season this with salt and pepper.
- Marinate the pork chops and pineapple in this mixture for about 30 minutes to an hour. Reserve the marinate later for the gravy.
- Fry the porkchops and pineapple in little oil until the sugar has caramelized to get that BBQ effect.
- Set the porkchops and pineapple aside.
- In the same pan, lower the heat and simmer the reserved marinate mixture. This will serve as the gravy.
- Add a tsp of butter to make the gravy more delicious.
- Stir in the dissolved cornstarch to thicken the gravy and give a glossy effect.
Now we are ready to plate:
Place the porkchops in a serving dish. Top each porkchop with a pineapple slice. You can drizzle the top with the gravy or serve the gravy in a bowl or a gravy boat.
I served mine separately so that the pineapples are in full view! Yummy! This is great when served hot from the pan!
So to continue with my story, my husband came home, ate dinner and the verdict: he said he really liked it! I was forgiven and I am so happy! Lambingan to the max ulet!
Misunderstandings are normal. But we have to remember that misunderstandings or tampuhan can be resolved with having an open communication and doing simple yet sweet gestures like making coffee for him and preparing his favorite food. Have a nice day everyone!